First Steps Guide to Implementing the Danfoss PLUS+1® Service Tool
The Danfoss PLUS+1® GUIDE Service Tool provides the ability to monitor and tune the operation of all modules on a PLUS+1® network. Standard features of the Service Tool include bar graph displays, oscilloscope displays for trending and tuning, and data export to spreadsheet tools.
User-defined graphics allow the Service Tool to have a proprietary look and feel. Use this important tool for data logging, read and write access to tuning parameters, real time access to PLUS+1 controller operation, remote access to any module on the PLUS+1® network.
Ensure you have a completed controller application or diagnostic file to use within the PLUS+1® Service Tool.
Check for proper hardware to download controller applications
- One PLUS+1® CG150-2 or PLUS+1® DP series display (or a similar third party CAN communication device)
- One 12 to 24 VDC 55 mA power supply
CAN Hardware installation – It is necessary to install CAN driver software before using the PLUS+1® Service Tool.
- Plug in the PLUS+1® CG150-2 USB cable to the PC USB port. The Hardware Wizard searches for and installs CAN software. This may take several minutes.
- Click Close to close the Driver Software Installation dialog. The following message appears when installation is complete.
Setting up the gateway to controllers, can use a variety of options to connect depending on your hardware:
- PLUS+1® CG150-2 USB/CAN Gateway Interface Communicator
- PLUS+1® DP Series Display USB/CAN gateway
- PLUS+1® telematics
- Third party Gateway devices via the RP1210 standard
Install and select protocols using the Manage Protocols
In order to interface with an ECU application, a service application file is needed. Service application files can contain both Log and Parameter pages. There are two ways to open service application files in the PLUS+1® Service Tool application.
- Manual load service application files
- Scan for service application files
Use the log pages to:
- Monitor application activity
- Enable data logging to file
- Export log data to Microsoft Excel
Use the parameter pages to:
- Download and upload profiles & parameters
- Import & export created parameter files
- Generate database reports of parameter values
If you’d like more assistance – please contact our team of experts at Elite Controls, Inc. We specialize in Danfoss PLUS+1® GUIDE and mobile control systems.